Friday, November 25, 2011
Mocha Chiffon Cake
5 egg yolks
85 gm corn oil
115 ml hot milk (saya guna susu pada suhu bilik je)
1 1/2 Tbsp instant Nescafe Gold ( saya tukar kepada mocha paste)
1 tsp baking powder
5 egg whites
1/8 tsp cream of tartar (saya omit)
1. Dissolve coffee powder in hot milk( Campurkan mocha paste dengan susu). Leave to cool down.
2. Preheat oven to 180C.
3. Combine milk with the rest of ingredients (A) until it becomes a smooth paste.
4. Beat egg whites until frothy. Add in cream of tartar and beat until soft peaks.
5. Add in sugar bit by bit and beat egg whites until stiff.
6. Put in 1/4 of egg whites into (3) and fold to combine.
7. Repeat step 6.
8. Pour (7) into remaining egg whites and fold to combine well.
9. Pour batter into clean ungreased tube pan. Lightly shake pan left and right to level the cake.
10. Bake at 170C for 40 minutes.
11. Immediately remove from oven and turn cake upside down on table. (cake will sink if not done fast)
12. Leave cake to cool completely before dislodging from pan using a flat knife. Cut with a sharp knife.